260731 - The Friday Five
2026-08-02 12:37 pm1. Who are your three favorite book characters?
Mei Changsu from The Langya List (2014) - Anytime I encounter a problem irl, I like to ask, what would Mei Changsu do? And it helps so much xD From when he advised Tingsheng on learning to read, to his Jiangzuo Alliance personnel arrangements, to the approach be takes when interacting with people.
Eugenides from the Queen's Thief Series (2009) - I'm such a sucker for competency + major character (permanent) injury, sickly character, and every single one of the first three books deliver. I love Gen so so so much.
Jo March from Little Women & Little Men (2004) - Always makes me feel so safe and loved to grow up with her all over again.
There's a bunch on my top ten list and the ones named are just the top three. There are also: the first and earliest, the one who stayed with me the longest (but also alas for his creator going off the rails 🤣) 🥺, the one I lived vicariously through on all the andventures, the one whose whole aesthetic became my Thing for the longest time, the one who echoes my alone thoughts, the one whose name makes me feel safe, the one who makes me feel like it's ok to be a little homebody hermit 🥺😭.
Kitty themed t-shirts, culottes, my comfy blue-grey hoodie with big sleeves and clip buttons, linen wide pants, my slightly sheer white windbreaker, my long coat-y lightly waterproof red windbreaker.
(1) The existence of cockroaches, (2) noisy environments (includes cinemas when the volume is too loud), and (3) heat & humidity when I can't do something about them.
Nirvana in Fire, Bones (seasons 1 & 2), Legend of Zhenhuan.
Wipe cockroaches off the face of the earth, visit the furthest stars in our galaxy and the galaxies beyond us, go back to being a cat.
Mei Changsu from The Langya List (2014) - Anytime I encounter a problem irl, I like to ask, what would Mei Changsu do? And it helps so much xD From when he advised Tingsheng on learning to read, to his Jiangzuo Alliance personnel arrangements, to the approach be takes when interacting with people.
Eugenides from the Queen's Thief Series (2009) - I'm such a sucker for competency + major character (permanent) injury, sickly character, and every single one of the first three books deliver. I love Gen so so so much.
Jo March from Little Women & Little Men (2004) - Always makes me feel so safe and loved to grow up with her all over again.
There's a bunch on my top ten list and the ones named are just the top three. There are also: the first and earliest, the one who stayed with me the longest (but also alas for his creator going off the rails 🤣) 🥺, the one I lived vicariously through on all the andventures, the one whose whole aesthetic became my Thing for the longest time, the one who echoes my alone thoughts, the one whose name makes me feel safe, the one who makes me feel like it's ok to be a little homebody hermit 🥺😭.
2. What are your three favorite things to wear?
Kitty themed t-shirts, culottes, my comfy blue-grey hoodie with big sleeves and clip buttons, linen wide pants, my slightly sheer white windbreaker, my long coat-y lightly waterproof red windbreaker.
3. What are your three pet peeves?
(1) The existence of cockroaches, (2) noisy environments (includes cinemas when the volume is too loud), and (3) heat & humidity when I can't do something about them.
4. What are your three favorite TV shows?
Nirvana in Fire, Bones (seasons 1 & 2), Legend of Zhenhuan.
5. What are three things you wish you could do?
Wipe cockroaches off the face of the earth, visit the furthest stars in our galaxy and the galaxies beyond us, go back to being a cat.
no subject
Date: 2026-08-02 06:07 am (UTC)CO-SIGNING ALL YOUR ANTI-COCKROACH SENTIMENTS
no subject
Date: 2026-08-03 03:01 pm (UTC)1. Elizabeth Bennett, Sun Wukong, Keladry of Mindelan.
Which leaves out Stone Telling, Kimball O'Hara, Stephen Maturin, Murderbot, and and and. Nope, done, can't even.